Guest posting on "And Babies Don’t Keep”

August 7, 2013

Fitness & Pregnancy

Hi guys!  I’m pulling double duty today.  Here (below) you can find today’s post on Supplementation- find out what supplements I take and why.

I’m also excited to be guest posting for my friend Kristi over at And Babies Don’t Keep about my personal fitness and pregnancy experiences.

Here is an excerpt from that post:

“You just peed on a stick, and yay! You’re pregnant! Now your mind is racing about things like what your next workout is going to be and all the healthy foods you’re going to crave, right?! Of course not, silly. You are consumed with joy and excitement and all things baby. And you may even view pregnancy as a time to kick back and indulge. And that’s perfectly OK!

I definitely agree that pregnancy is a great time to slow down and perhaps kick your feet up a bit. After all, you are now carrying around a little person inside of you who is essentially sucking up all your nutrients, and at times, energy. But I can tell you firsthand, that an active pregnancy is much more pleasant than a lazy one. I had one of each. The active one was a breeze. I sailed through it and felt so great that after I was told I was in labor (I didn’t even realize it), I asked the doctor if I had time to grab some lunch first. (In case you were wondering, the answer was no.) The lazy pregnancy was painful, uncomfortable, and pretty darn miserable.”
 
You can read the rest, as well as check out Kristi’s blog here.  She is one witty & insightful lady.  I love her take on parenting issues and the beautiful moments in between the tantrums and dirty diapers.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply