Nautical Stripes

July 9, 2013

Nautical Stripes

I’ve always loved nautical-inspired looks.  The stripes, the clean lines, the hint of European sophistication.  It’s a classic look that never goes out of style

When selecting clothing pieces- no matter the price point- I always look for the details that make it special

My favorite pieces from this outfit:

Blue & White Striped Tank- I chose this piece because of it's mixed media fabric, clean stripe print, and a sweet little detail.  The front of the tank is polyester.  It has a charming lustrous quality to it.  I especially love the fold detail right in the middle of the scooped neckline and the way the fabric drapes from that fold.  The back of the tank is a contrasting stretch-knit racerback- giving the tank an instantly casual feel.

Black Blazer- This is one of my favorite pieces from my closet.  I was looking for a blazer that was structured enough to be professional, yet fitted enough to be feminine.  I also wanted some special detail to make it a bit more interesting than your typical black blazer.  In this case, it was the large, round, gold buttons.

Nautical StripesNautical StripesNautical StripesNautical Stripes
Nautical Stripes

Tank- Nordstrom (Blue&White Stripe SOLD OUT) Similar here & here
Blazer- Baukjen ON SALE NOW!
Belt- Express (old)  Similar here
Jeans- Free People via Hautelook  Similar here & here
Pumps- ASOS (Nude SOLD OUT)  Similar here, here, & here
Bag- River Island via ASOS (SOLD OUT) Similar here & here
Sunglasses- Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx  Similar here & here

Photography by Jill Iles

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply